[Vision2020] Fw:Can Science Help People Unlearn Biases?, Why Seahorses Have Square Tails, Tell NASA Where to Land on Mars and More

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Jul 2 18:15:19 PDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Can Science Help People Unlearn Biases?, Why Seahorses Have Square Tails, Tell NASA Where to Land on Mars and More
From: Smithsonian.com <Smithsonian at mail.smithsonian.com>
To: lfalen at turbonet.com
Date: 07/02/15 22:37:44

Smithsonian Newsletter

 As someone who subscribes to Smithsonian.com's Weekend newsletters, you might like to try our new Smithsonian.com Daily newsletter, a roundup of our best stories sent every weekday. If you prefer not to receive our Daily Newsletter, you may opt out here.

Can Science Help People Unlearn Biases?, Why Seahorses Have Square Tails, Tell NASA Where to Land on Mars and More
To see this email in your browser click here.

  Daily    JULY 2 2015
 Why Seahorses Have Square TailsEngineers show that the animals' prism-like tails are mechanically superior to cylindrical ones

Unlike the tails of almost all other animals, seahorse tails are more like square prisms than cylinders. (Helmut Corneli/imageBROKER/Corbis)

TODAY'S TOP STORIES

  The Latest Sign That the Robot Uprising Is Nigh? Camel RacingRead More ››

  Where Should Humans Land on Mars? NASA Wants to Hear Your SuggestionsRead More ››

  Can Science Help People Unlearn Their Unconscious Biases?Read More ››

  These Photos From Cuba Place You in the Boxing RingRead More ››

  To Better Understand Lava, an Artist and Scientist Make Their OwnRead More ››

  On His First Day on the Job, Smithsonian Secretary David J. Skorton Discusses the Past and the FutureRead More ››

  Bringing Thomas Jefferson's Battered Tombstone Back to LifeRead More ››

  The Back to the Future Movies Are Obsessed With Television, Rightfully SoRead More ››

  A Danish Festival Will Recycle Partiers’ Urine To Make BeerRead More ››
 Photo of the dayFjallabak, Iceland. Photo by David Koester
Submit Your Photo to Our 2015 Photo Contest >>

Comments? Please visit http://smithsonian.com/contact-us
Write us: Smithsonian Magazine Online | MRC 513, P.O. Box 37012 | Washington, D.C. 20013
Email: smithsonianmagazine at si.edu

JOIN US!

 Send This Email To a Friend | Unsubscribe | Email Preferences | Privacy Policy
  © Smithsonian Institution. All rights reserved.