[Vision2020] Fw: [Spam 4.51] February Issue: Inside the Neandertal Mind

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Jan 20 17:35:59 PST 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: "Scientific American" <news at email.scientificamerican.com>
To: lfalen at turbonet.com
Date: 01/20/15 14:51
Subject: [Spam 4.51] February Issue: Inside the Neandertal Mind

 To view this email as a web page, go here.
You received this email because you opted-in to receive email from Scientific American.
To ensure delivery please add news at email.scientificamerican.com to your address book.

 February 2015 Issue Highlights

 Subscribe
 Buy this Issue  Neandertal Minds Analyses of anatomy, DNA and cultural remains have yielded tantalizing insights into the inner lives of our mysterious extinct cousins
Kate WongONLINE ONLY:

 - The Neandertal Mystique
 Can We Mine a Black Hole? Let's say some future civilization wanted to get energy out of a black hole. The first step would be to build a space elevator that defies the laws of physics
Adam BrownONLINE ONLY:

 - Space Elevator Enthusiasts Push On despite Lengthy Time Frames and Long Odds
 The Clocks within Us Genes in the liver, pancreas and other tissues (not just the brain) keep the various parts of the body in sync. Timing miscues may lead to diabetes, depression and other illnesses
Keith C. Summa,Fred W. TurekONLINE ONLY:

 - How Mammals Tell Time [Video]
 Just Add Memory New types of electronic components, closer to neurons than to transistors, are leading to tremendously efficient and faster “memcomputing”
Massimiliano Di Ventra,Yuriy V. PershinONLINE ONLY:

 - Building New Computers That Function Like Brains [VIDEO]
 A Puzzle for the Planet Our future rides on our ability to integrate Energy Water Food
Michael E. WebberONLINE ONLY:

 - Soldier Flies: The New Food for Farm Fish
 Treating Depression at the Source Electrical stimulation deep within the brain may alleviate devastating mood disorders
Andres M. Lozano,Helen S. MaybergONLINE ONLY:

 - New Promise of Relief for Major Depression
 The Swallows of Fukushima We know surprisingly little about what low-dose radiation does to organisms and ecosystems. Four years after the disaster in Fukushima, scientists are beginning to get some answers
Steven FeatherstoneONLINE ONLY:

 - Four Years After Fukushima

 Follow Us:

Unsubscribe | Subscribe | FAQs | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
This message was sent to: lfalen at turbonet.com
Check out our New Products!
Scientific American
75 Varick St
New York, NY, 10013
Scientific American is a trademark of Scientific American, Inc., used with permission
© 2015 Scientific American, a division of Nature America, Inc.