[Vision2020] Moscow City Council Session (January 5, 2015)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jan 6 12:04:06 PST 2015

Question:  Why did the Moscow City Council NOT pledge allegiance to the flag at last night's session?

The opening of last night's city council session
http://youtu.be/0talj2nmyAA

After a couple emails inquiring into this oversight, it was suggested that a possible reason is that "Pledge of Allegiance" was not listed on the city council agenda.

BUNK!

How many sessions have Mayor Lambert, Walter Steed, Wayne Krauss, John Weber, Tom Lamar, and Dan Carscallen attended?  Must "Pledge of Allegiance" be listed on the agenda before somebody takes the initiative?

During my twenty years in the army, I knew when and where morning formation was held, that we would come to attention and salute as Reveille was being played.  The same holds true for the evening's recall formation and coming to attention and saluting as "To the Colors" was played.

I NEVER needed a training schedule to list these activities.  It was common knowledge . . . just like pledging allegiance to the flag at the beginning of each Moscow City Council session should be.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon