[Vision2020] Three Faces of Domestic Terrorism

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 09:14:35 PST 2015

Hi Roger,

I agree that Robert Lewis Dear's rant during his first court appearance may
have made him look like a "kook," but I just did a quick search of
anti-abortion murderers James Kopp, Paul Hill, Michael Griffin, and Eric
Ruldoph. They appeared to be clear minded in their goals to kill the "baby
killers."  No sign of mental illness in the bios that I read.

What Republicans such as you should be concerned about is the following
from the long version of my column.  Please note that even Chris Christie
also joins the "baby body parts" chorus.

*Fact-Free GOP Indirectly Responsible for Anti-Abortion Attacks*

I believe that the people who surreptitiously videotaped Planned Parenthood
officers, and convinced far too many people that the organization sells
fetal tissue (it does not), should be held responsible for these murders.
Our elected representatives and GOP presidential candidates who continue to
libel Planned Parenthood are also culpable.

Based on initial reports that Dear was registered to vote as a woman, Sen.
Ted Cruz misidentified Dear as a “transgendered leftist activist.”  Cruz
was also very happy to receive the endorsement of Troy Newman, President of
Operation Rescue, which advocates violence against abortion providers.
Cheryl Sullenger, Operation Rescue’s senior advisor, served a two-year
prison term for attempting to bomb an abortion clinic in 1987.  Newman is
also an officer in the phony Center for Medical Progress (CMP), which
filmed the discredited videos.

In a September GOP debate Carly Fiorina claimed that the CMP videos
showed “a fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs
kicking, while someone says, ‘We have to keep it alive to harvest its
brain.’” The videos contain no such footage, but Fiorina refuses to back
down.  Even Gov. Chris Christie got into the act by stating that Planned
Parenthood is responsible for the “systematic murder of children in the
womb to preserve their body parts.” Sadly, most of the GOP presidential
candidates operate in a fact-free zone.

Yours for more facts and less fear mongering in the presidential campaign,

Nick

--

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they
shall never sit in.

-Greek proverb

“Enlightenment is man’s emergence from his self-imposed immaturity.
Immaturity is the inability to use one’s understanding without guidance
from another. This immaturity is self- imposed when its cause lies not in
lack of understanding, but in lack of resolve and courage to use it without
guidance from another. Sapere Aude! ‘Have courage to use your own
understand-ing!—that is the motto of enlightenment.

--Immanuel Kant