[Vision2020] Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S.

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Mon Dec 7 16:47:24 PST 2015

This should be a plus for Christie.

Roger

-----Original Message-----
Subject: [Vision2020] Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S.
From: "Tom Hansen" <thansen at moscow.com>
To: "Moscow Vision 2020" <vision2020 at moscow.com>
Date: 12/07/15 23:40:36

Courtesy of CNN at:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/index.html

--------------------------------
Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S.(CNN) - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday to block all Muslims from entering the United States.
Trump, who has previously called for surveillance against mosques and said he was open to establishing a database for all Muslims living in the U.S., made his latest controversial call in a news release. His message comes in the wake of a deadly mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, by suspected ISIS sympathizers and the day after President Barack Obama asked the country not to "turn against one another" out of fear.
"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine," Trump said in a statement. "Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."
The release pointed to an online poll from the controversial Center for Security Policy, which claimed that a quarter of Muslims living in the U.S. believe violence against Americans is justified as part of a global jihadist campaign. Critics have questioned the reliability of the organization's information.
Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski told CNN on Monday that the ban would apply not just to Muslim foreigners looking to immigrate to the U.S., but also to Muslims looking to visit the U.S. as tourists.
"Everyone," Lewandowski said when asked if the ban would also apply to Muslim tourists.
"Great surveillance and vigilance must be adhered to," said Trump in an additional statement Lewandowski provided to CNN. "We want to be very fair but too many bad things are happening and the percentage of true hatred is too great. People that are looking to destroy our country must be reported and turned in by the good people who love our country and want America to be great again."
Lewandowski declined to answer multiple questions about what the shutdown on Muslim immigration would mean for Muslim Americans and Muslims already living in the U.S. legally.
It didn't take long for the rest of the Republican presidential primary field to repudiate Trump's call.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie slammed Trump's proposal in a radio interview.
"This is the kind of thing that people say when they have no experience and don't know what they are talking about. We do not need to resort to that type of activity nor should we," Christie said on the Michael Medved radio show. "What we need to do is to increase our intelligence activities. We need to cooperate with peaceful Muslim Americans who want to give us intelligence against those who are radicalized."
And South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham tweeted, " Every candidate for president needs to do the right thing & condemn @Realdonaldtrump's statement."

One can hardly imagine Trump's plans for Muslim-Americans . . .

Labor camps?  A crescent moon sewn onto jackets that are required to be warn?

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com