[Vision2020] More on Katherine Bonzo

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 08:32:11 PDT 2015

>From the League of Women Voters of Idaho Newsletter, 2011:

PRESIDENTIAL BIO… Featuring Kathryn Bonzo

Strolling through a Moscow, Idaho Farmer's Market one Saturday some years
back, a very intelligent woman named Amy Ford (who just happened to be the
President of the LL here in Moscow) started a conversation with me about
Confined Animal Feeding Operations in the south of the state. She spent
quite a bit of time fielding my questions and in general informing me of
all the thorough work done by the League and what this organization was
really about. I joined the League that morning. She inspired me, along with
many other women in our community, to be part of this worthy advocacy and
lobbying team which up until that time, I had only thought of in historical
terms as the organization that brought the Presidential Debates to
television. Once I joined the league I was active as a director on the
local board and was able to visit Boise with Sally Fredericks (who was
President of the LL at the time) to see the organization from the State
perspective. At that convention, I met Muriel Roberts (in her 2nd term as
State President), Judy Edwards, and Elinor Chehey to name a few and watched
as Ginny Foote and Maxine Miller stepped forward to become CoPresidents. I
have learned much from these women, from what they really love about the
organization and their desires to see it continue to be a vital
non-partisan force in Idaho politics. This is my League history. I hail
originally from Alabama which is the start of my history. I have been a
K-12 educator since 1986. Presently, I teach a terrific combo class of 5th
and 6th graders at Palouse Prairie School. My husband (fabulous
Math/Physics high school teacher has roots in Florida where we met 26 years
ago) and we have taught overseas for more than a decade in Algeria,
Singapore (where our daughter was born 18 years ago, graduates next year)
and The Dominican Republic. We love to travel and are active Idahoans
reveling in all the outdoor opportunities in this amazing state. I am on
several boards here in Moscow, advise Chi Omega at WSU and am DJ on our
community radio station.