[Vision2020] Third Street Gallery Exhibit Call for Artists – Here We Have Idaho

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Mon Aug 24 10:17:03 PDT 2015

City of Moscow
Arts Department
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: DJ Scallorn, Arts Assistant
p     |  208.883.7036
e     |   dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/arts

PRESS RELEASE

Third Street Gallery Exhibit Call for Artists – Here We Have Idaho

August 24, 2015 (Moscow, Idaho) –The City of Moscow invites artists to submit work expressing their experience with the beautiful State of Idaho for the Third Street Gallery’s upcoming exhibit titled “Here We Have Idaho”. Submitted works should reflect the theme of this exhibit: favorite places, people, viewpoints, and/or heritage in the State of Idaho. The exhibit will be in conjunction with Idaho’s Heritage Conference in Moscow, ID. Original work in all mediums may be submitted for consideration. Wall pieces must be framed with a wire hanger. This call is open only to individuals 18 years-of-age or older. Work may be for sale with a 20% commission taken into consideration. All artists are responsible for delivering and picking up their own work. Please ensure that all works submitted for consideration are in good condition and will withstand ordinary strains of packing and transportation.

Deadline for submissions: 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, September 8, 2015

To Get Started: Obtain and complete an application form. Upload up to three digital images to the City of Moscow’s website at www.ci.moscow.id.us/information-systems/Pages/File-Upload.aspx<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/information-systems/Pages/File-Upload.aspx>. Make sure to include the text “Here We Have Idaho” in the ‘Recipient’ field on this page. Submit an image sheet listing the artist’s name, title, media, dimensions, and date each work was created.

Applications are available for pick-up at Moscow City Hall (206 East Third) or can be downloaded at www.ci.moscow.id.us/arts/Pages/call-to-artists.aspx<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/arts/Pages/call-to-artists.aspx>.

Completed applications may be either mailed or delivered to: City of Moscow Arts Department 206 East Third Street Moscow, ID 83843

Important Dates:
September 8, Deadline for Submissions
September 11, Notification of Selection
September 16, Deliver Works for Installation
November 9, Pick-Up Works

Exhibit Dates: September 21 – November 6
Third Street Gallery Exhibit at Moscow City Hall

Opening Reception: September 21
Reception: 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.

Image Use Rights
By submission for jury, artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition grant the City of Moscow Arts Department and the Moscow Arts Commission the right to use their image(s) for the purpose of promoting the exhibit. Artists will be recognized if images are used and images may be used to promote the event the following year.

The “Here We Have Idaho” exhibit is a collaboration of:
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D0DE55.39639B80]     [cid:image004.png at 01D0DE55.39639B80]      [cid:image005.jpg at 01D0DE55.39639B80]      [Latah County Historic Preservation Commission]       [cid:image007.jpg at 01D0DE55.39639B80]

###

Story Contact: DJ Scallorn
Phone: 208.883.7036
Email: dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>

Interview Opportunities: Kathleen Burns
Phone: 208.883.7036
Email: kburns at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:kburns at ci.moscow.id.us>

High Resolution Photos are available.

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.