[Vision2020] Lawyer with firetruck helps fight Okanogan fires

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Aug 22 05:01:32 PDT 2015

Courtesy of KHQ at:

http://www.khq.com/story/29854974/lawyer-with-firetruck-helps-fight-okanogan-fires

--------------------------------------
Lawyer with firetruck helps fight Okanogan fires

OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash. -
People in Okanogan might never know it, but Alex Thomason might have saved their home.

Like so many others, Alex is out fighting every flame he sees, but he's not a firefighter, per se. In fact, he's a lawyer. He bought a firetruck two days ago and took a mini course, and now he's out fighting fires.

It's not just fire hoses he uses to fight flames. He also dig fire lines.

Call him crazy, other people definitely have.

"My wife thinks I'm crazy," Thomason says.

But he's not the only one. In fact, he's got a whole crew of guys he met through Facebook. It's something he feels obligated to do for his neighbors.

So if you live in Okanogan and find yourself wondering how your home was saved from fire all around it, it might have just been luck, or it might have been this lawyer looking out for you.

Alex Thomason named his firetruck Clifford.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Photos/Clifford_the_Firetruck.jpg

http://www.MoscowCares.com