[Vision2020] Amnesty, Shmamnesty !

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 12:36:47 PDT 2015

Thanks, Keely!

As I long time members of Amnesty (I used to have time every day to knock
out a letter or two to a Latin American dictator before I left my UI
office), I'm shocked at this decision.

I have a lot of notes about prostitution and The Economist ran a long
debate several years ago.  I will have to ponder this a while, but I
believe that I support the Swedish model, which protects the women but
punishes the customers and the pimps.

The exploitation of women must stop!

nfg

--

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they
shall never sit in.

-Greek proverb

“Enlightenment is man’s emergence from his self-imposed immaturity.
Immaturity is the inability to use one’s understanding without guidance
from another. This immaturity is self- imposed when its cause lies not in
lack of understanding, but in lack of resolve and courage to use it without
guidance from another. Sapere Aude! ‘Have courage to use your own
understand-ing!—that is the motto of enlightenment.

--Immanuel Kant