[Vision2020] Compassionate care

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Aug 3 02:30:47 PDT 2015

Courtesy of the Letters section of today's (August 3, 2015) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

Letter: Compassionate care
We are fortunate that despite the boorish stunting of the pastor of Christ Church (clearly an ironic name for a church that pays a preacher for distinctly un-Christ-like behavior and speech) we have members of the Seventh-day Adventist church modeling compassionate care for community members.
"Free medical treatment including primary medical care, minor surgeries by appointment, dental care, vision, mental health, women's health, physical and occupational therapy, nutrition and lifestyle coaching" is available in Spokane (with free transportation) Aug. 3-4 at the Spokane County Fairgrounds. Contact the office of Dr. Robert Spady, (509) 332-6688 for additional information. Thanks to the Daily News for publishing this important public service information and blessings to the members of the local Seventh-day Adventist churches who have clearly imprinted Matthew 25:36 ("I was sick and you visited me.") in their hearts.
Rose Huskey, Moscow

Thank you, Rose, for reminding us of the Seventh-day Adventist church commitment to the "u" and "i" in "community".

Simply stated . . . "One hand washes the other." (a philosophy from which we can all benefit)

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com