[Vision2020] PR - Beware of Potential Water Department Scam

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Wed Apr 15 15:17:29 PDT 2015

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Beware of Potential Water Department Scam

Month 15, 2015 (Moscow, Idaho) - The Moscow Police Department would like to make citizens aware of a possible scam in the region where the caller identifies themselves as a utility worker.  The worker demands payment for a delinquent bill.  The caller claims to be from the "Water Department."  The Moscow Police Department is asking all citizens to not give out any personal information or any credit card information if you receive a call of this nature.  If you have any questions regarding your water bill or a phone call of this type, please call the City of Moscow Utility Billing line at 208.833.7043.

###

Story Contact: James Fry, Lieutenant
Phone: 208.883.7064
Email: jfry at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:jfry at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.