[Vision2020] climate change march Sunday Sept. 21

deb debismith at moscow.com
Sat Sep 20 20:52:53 PDT 2014

Starting at the Pullman Quality Inn at 2 PM tomorrow (Sunday Sept. 21), taking the Chipman Trail to Moscow. Locally grown and baked goods, and iced tea at the end for participants.....rides provided back to your starting point in Pullman. This is a collaberative event organized by several groups concerned about the health of our planet.....If you can't march, come to the rally at 6 PM in Friendship Square......Details about the march below
Debi R-S

Mission Statement
The March for Survival is a peaceful event of healing and hope for all scheduled for September 21 here in the Palouse Clearwater area. This march, to take place along the Pullman-Moscow Chipman Trail, will coincide with the biggest demonstration in the history of the climate change movement being organized by 350.org in New York City. .. [Complete Mission Statement provided on request.]

Specific Plans for our Walk
At last Sunday's PESC meeting we firmed up plans for the walk. The plan is to start in Pullman in the Quality Inn parking lot (actually in front of dental building) at the start of Chipman Trail. After some brief announcements we'll start walking to Moscow. Then we plan a rally in Moscow starting at 6 pm with invited speakers, tables for environmental sustainability groups, and whatever food we can afford. The co-op will be donating some food but it won't be enough. We are still working on the final location in Moscow. We are hoping it will be on UI campus.

We welcome and encourage you to participate in this very special event!

And if possible, we would really appreciate your help
Volunteers are needed at all stages - set up and take down in Pullman (relatively minor in current plan), crosswalk guards during the walk, medic anyone? and a "runner" - someone willing to run to this place or that to cover last minute and unforeseen issues. We would also appreciate one or more people providing a van for some shuttling and

Also, we are very short on funds and would really appreciate your donation to this cause, and/or paying PESC membership dues, which we haven't asked for in two years. Some of our expenses will include insurance (legally required), water and snacks along the walk, signs, and food and beverages at the end as funds allow.

Donations are tax-deductible and can be mailed to PESC at P.O. Box 8471, Moscow, ID 83843 or simply handed to any of us.

PESC membership fees: $20 per year for individual or family membership, $10 per year student/low-income membership; $50 per year sustaining membership. Check can be made out either to "PESC" or "Palouse Environmental Sustainability Coalition". Please specify in the memo line if check is for membership, Walk for Survival, or both. Anyone who contributes to our cause by their help and presence at events and meetings will also be considered a member.

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett