[Vision2020] A feel-good news item to start your week . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Oct 20 06:16:57 PDT 2014

Courtesy of the New York Daily News at:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/california-hero-saves-victim-blazing-home-article-1.1979663

---------------------------------------

SEE IT: California hero saves victim from burning fire

An online video captured by Beth Lederach shows an apartment building burn Saturday morning. As family members screamed for help to save an older man trapped inside an unidentified man calmly walked into the blazing building and brought him out.

A California man ran into a burning building and carried out a father who was in danger of being engulfed by the flames.

An online video by a passerby captured the entire heroic act as several people are heard discussing that someone's father was still inside.

Beth Lederach, of Clovis, told the Daily News she was driving Saturday morning when she saw a large amount of smoke pouring from the Fresno apartment building. She pulled her car over, called 911 and hurried to the scene to see if she could help.

She quickly put her arm around a young adult woman standing with a small child, who said her father was inside.

"I said, 'oh, my God. We have to get him out of there,'" she recounted.

The exchange can be heard on the video she captured.

Neighbors can also be seen trying to control the fire with hoses to no avail.

An unknown stranger heroicly rescued a man from the Fresno blaze

Video
http://youtu.be/s6Ox9tBQjIM

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com