[Vision2020] A recent opinion poll conducted by the Lewiston Tribune shows . . .

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:10:09 PDT 2014

That's good enough for me and much more convincing than Tom's opinion poll.

From: sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
To: vision2020 at moscow.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:30:39 -0700
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] A recent opinion poll conducted by the Lewiston Tribune shows . . .

Scott,

I was asking a rhetorical question. The Supreme Court hasn't ruled directly but said this in Heller v. DC:

"Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of
 the full scope of the Second Amendment, nothing in our opinion should
be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of
 firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the
carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government
buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the
commercial sale of arms."

Since background checks address those prohibitions, I'd say they are constitutional.

Sunil