[Vision2020] PR - October 9 Business Showcase Event Program Announced

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Wed Oct 8 09:10:14 PDT 2014

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CFE2D7.AB274FC0]PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Story Contact: Jen Pfiffner, PKC Member
Phone: 208-883-7123
Email: info at palouseknowledgecorridor.com<mailto:info at palouseknowledgecorridor.com>

October 9 Business Showcase Event Program Announced

October 7, 2014 (Moscow, Idaho; Pullman, Washington) - Presenters have been selected for Palouse Knowledge Corridor's upcoming Business Showcase event to promote economic development and growth on the Palouse.  This event is free and open to the public, October 9, 2014 from 2-5 p.m. at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Moscow, Idaho, with a social planned at 4 p.m.

The goal of the Business Showcase event is to connect people with good business ideas to those who might be able to help make those ideas happen.  Each presenter will showcase their business in 20 minute presentations, highlighting their business idea and relating management, product and/or service, technology, market, financial viability, potential return on investment, amount of investment required, exit strategy, and employee growth implications.  Time will also be allowed for question and answer with each presenter.

Those involved in business startups, entrepreneurs or investors, as well as interested community members are encouraged to attend.  Those who wish to attend this event may be private individuals or venture capitalists and there is no obligation to invest in any of the ideas presented.

The program for the October 9 Palouse Knowledge Corridor Business Showcase event will feature four businesses including the following:

MosCoWorks
MosCoWork is a coworking center for the local community. Think of coworking as a roommate situation for businesses. You rent a spot and do your own thing but you have the advantage of being around other business and not paying top dollar for your own huge office space that you maybe aren't quite ready for.

Coworking is optimal for entrepreneurs, designers, web developers, photographers, artists, filmmakers, and just about any kind of creator you can think of. Coworking isn't generally too conducive to more traditional office workers. A loan officer or a lawyer won't be too comfortable here. It's professional and productive, but it's also abuzz with energy and a good dose of rambunctiousness from time to time.

What we hope to cultivate with MosCoWork is a community of people who make, create, and encourage others to do so. We don't want to just come into our space from 9-5 and go home at night. After the workday is over, we plan on hosting workshops and classes that encompass everything from web design to photography to writing.

JM Visioneering
JM Visioneering offers professional excellence in scientific communications. Designer Jeanelle Miller pulls from over ten years of experience in graphic design, advanced education in the sciences, and professional specialization in marketing, management, ecology, and strategic communication. The company offers graphic design, scientifc liaison, and ecosystem design services. "Our world is becoming increasingly specialized which creates a lot of room for miscommunication. Scientific Liaisons help mediate across disciplines and entities making sure all parties are on the same page and reducing potential conflicts. This mediator role will become more prevalent in the future and I am proud to be at the forefront," Miller says.

Woväx, LLC
Woväx, LLC was founded in mid-2013 with the vision of taking the power of the WordPress platform beyond web browsers and into the pockets of millions. Woväx strives to be an industry leader of WordPress powered native mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android.

Updates and improvements to our server side API and app framework are released weekly to allow constant compatibility with user's devices and WordPress installations. We offer apps that are intuitive and simple for both clients and their end users with a fast setup process and excellent customer support. In as little as ten days, Woväx can have you off and running in the App Store. In-app features such as commenting and social media sharing ensure that users will continue to interact with and share content as they always have.

Woväx is excited to be on the edge of the new mobile web as we help people stay connected and share their lives with each other.

Badger Braces
Ed Robertson is a physical therapist with 25 years of orthopedic and sports experience who has taught biomechanics at WSU since 2001 and works at Pullman Regional Hospital-Summit Therapy.  He has developed Badger Braces a company that makes has patented a sports ankle brace that more effectively prevents ankle injuries and facilitates earlier return to activity.

For more information about this event or about the Palouse Knowledge Corridor, contact Jen Pfiffner, member at 208-883-7123 or by email at info at palouseknowledgecorridor.com<mailto:info at palouseknowledgecorridor.com>.

###

Story Contacts:
Jen Pfiffner, Palouse Knowledge Corridor Member
P  |  208-883-7123
E  |  info at palouseknowledgecorridor.com<mailto:info at palouseknowledgecorridor.com>

MoscowCoWork
Jeremy Sauder
E  |  jeremy at jeremysauder.com<mailto:jeremy at jeremysauder.com>

JM Visioneering
Jeanelle Miller
E  |  shibaaku at gmail.com<mailto:shibaaku at gmail.com>

Woväx, LLC
Jeremy Sauder
E  |  jeremy at jeremysauder.com<mailto:jeremy at jeremysauder.com>

Badger Braces
Ed Robertson
E  |  ed.robertson at pullmanregional.org<mailto:ed.robertson at pullmanregional.org>

The Palouse Knowledge Corridor is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to match innovation with opportunity, promote assets of the Palouse and foster collaborative efforts with universities, private sector, economic development agencies and government.