[Vision2020] PR - Level I (Volunteer) Reserve Police Officer Program

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Thu Oct 2 16:27:48 PDT 2014

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Level I (Volunteer) Reserve Police Officer Program

October 2, 2014 (Moscow, Idaho) - The City of Moscow Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Level I Reserve Police Officer to serve the community.  This is a volunteer, non-paying position which will supplement the City's full-time officers in the Operations Division.

Successful candidates will possess a combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of sixty hours of college credits including courses in law enforcement or two years of reserve law enforcement experience within the last three years.  Candidates must be at least 21 years of age, embrace the concept of community policing and perform a variety of specialized duties as assigned.

Successful candidates will undergo an extensive background investigation that includes psychological, polygraph, and medical examinations.

Unless certified by Idaho POST as a peace officer or a Level I Reserve, those accepted into the program must complete or challenge the POST Level I Reserve Academy Course (233 hours); graduate from our Field Training Officer Program; and volunteer a minimum of 20 hours per month with a two-year commitment to the position.

For an application packet, please contact the City of Moscow Police Department at 118 East 4th Street or call 208.883.7054 or visit the City's website at www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>.  Applications will be accepted at the police department until November 7, 2014.  Incomplete applications and applications without a cover letter will not be considered.

For additional information contact Corporal Art Lindquist at 208.883.7000 x2274.

###

Story Contact: David Duke, Chief of Police
Phone: 208.883.7059
Email: dduke at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dduke at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.