[Vision2020] The "trickle-down" theory

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu Oct 2 01:00:21 PDT 2014

On 10/2/2014 12:00 AM, Sue Hovey wrote:
> I have seen this picture countless times in books and articles
> pertaining to the Dust Bowl, so I always associated it with that piece
> of history.   Is that a wrong assumption?

Here is some more information from the Library of Congress.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/list/128_migm.html

The labels indicate the images were taken in 1936 in California, and
that the father of her children was a native of that state.  Those facts
don't rule out a dust bowl connection, but they don't require one
either.  The immediately preceding years were difficult in many locations.

Ken