[Vision2020] Challening issues

Paul Rumelhart paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 16:59:46 PST 2014

I don't have links to the recordings of the calls, but journalists at the
Post-Dispatch have reported that he called shortly after the robbery was
reported to see if he was needed, then called two minutes later saying "21.
Put me on Canfield with two. And send me another car."  Wilson claims in
the Grand Jury testimony that he had called out "Shots fired, send all
cars", but that his radio had been jarred and the channel changed,
presumably during the punching while he was in the car and the ensuing
scuffle for the gun.  Not that I expect you to take testimony to a Grand
Jury proceeding whose outcome you disagree with as anything other than
complete lies, even though it was presumably given under oath.  Not that I
really give a damn, all I'm doing is letting you know that Scott wasn't
making those two calls up.  If you still don't believe they happened, I
can't help you.

I don't know what to tell you about his injuries, as I look at a bruise on
the palm of my hand I got when I tripped over a curb while out walking with
a friend.  It didn't show up until two days later.

If you think there's even a tiny chance that his testimony wasn't outright
fabrication, then you will be interested to hear that he claims to have
been hit twice in the face, then he went through a checklist to see which
weapon he should use because he was worried he would pass out if he kept
being punched.  He didn't have a Taser, he needed his left hand to get to
his mace, which he was using to try to ward off blows by Brown, and he
couldn't get his baton out because he would have had to lean forward into
the steering column to make enough room for himself to draw it.  So he
settled on getting his gun out.

Paul