[Vision2020] All evidence released by St. Louis County Grand Jury . . .

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 26 23:09:42 PST 2014

Yes.  The smoking gun is that the physical evidence doesn’t support Shooter Wilson’s account while it does substantially support many of the witnesses’ accounts.

I was frankly appalled at the way Shooter Wilson was handled with kid gloves – as though his word was beyond doubt -- while other witnesses were handled as being inherently untrustworthy even though Shooter Wilson changed his story more than once.  Kid gloves.

Oh, and if ever there was a case of the Keystone Kops or fellow brothers & sisters in blue covering for a brother (I personally am inclined to think it’s more of the former than the later), this is it.

I’m less generous in my assessment of the competency of the individual(s) who made the decision to announce the no true bill after dark – that to me makes a prima facie case for rank incompetence.  We know – or at least I’m confident based on the LE interviews I’ve seen – that LE didn’t make that call, but I do not know what official was responsible for that little piece of insanity.  Does anyone else know?

Let’s see – I was particularly struck by many of Shooter Wilson’s descriptions of victim Mike Brown Jr.  For instance, I wonder exactly what look on one’s face Shooter would find appropriate when being pursued by someone trying to killing you after already shooting you once.  I’d love to hear how Mike would describe the look on Shooter’s face when Shooter was killing Mike, but Shooter made sure Mike wouldn’t be alive to tell his side of the story, didn’t he?

I’m still making my way through the voluminous records, but those are my impressions from the documents I’ve read so far.

Feel free to put me firmly in the category of those who do not think petty theft should ever allow a LE officer to become judge, jury, and executioner.  Literally.