[Vision2020] Lamar submits resignation letter to Moscow mayor

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Nov 14 04:58:13 PST 2014

"Lambert will appoint a replacement to serve in Lamar's council seat with the consent of the council. The appointee will serve until the next municipal election . . . "

The eyes of Moscow are upon you, Mayor Lambert.

Courtesy of today's (November 14, 2014) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

--------------------------------------
Lamar submits resignation letter to Moscow mayor
Moscow City Councilor Tom Lamar submitted his letter of resignation Wednesday to Mayor Bill Lambert.
The Moscow Democrat was the victor in the Nov. 4 General Election for the Latah County District 2 commission seat, currently held by Democrat Tom Stroschein, against Republican Shirley Greene.
Lambert will appoint a replacement to serve in Lamar's council seat with the consent of the council. The appointee will serve until the next municipal election, City Supervisor Gary Riedner recently said.
"It is with a heavy heart that I submit this letter of resignation, but it is with great pride that I served as a City Council member with you and others. We have done important work together for this wonderful community, and I am excited to move onto this new role as Latah County Commissioner," Lamar wrote in his letter.
Lamar sent copies of the letter to area newspapers Thursday afternoon.
He will leave the city council Jan. 4 after serving more than seven years.
Lamar and Commissioner Richard Walser, who serves residents within Latah County's District 1 and was re-elected to four-year term Nov. 4, will be sworn into office Jan. 12.
District 2 includes areas of south Moscow and Genesee. Viola and Potlatch are among communities within District 1.

http://www.MoscowCares.com