[Vision2020] Fw:One more 5/31 nature event, plus 2 more in June!

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu May 29 17:46:13 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
Subject: One more 5/31 nature event, plus 2 more in June!
From: "Whitepine chapter INPS" <whitepine.chapter at gmail.com>
To: "White Pine Chapter" <whitepine.chapter at gmail.com>
Date: 05/29/14 07:59:02

These trips have various sponsors--but you are likely to find White Pine-INPS members involved!
--Sent by Sonja Lewis

Saturday, May 31, 7:30 am:  Boulder Creek UUCP botanical field trip, and possibly again on June 7, if a high percentage of people can't make the 31st. The trip is a Unitarian-Universalist Church of the Palouse event, and the $5 cost per person will go to the church.  Anyone under 18 gets to hike for free.  Leaders are Rod Sprague and Selma Yocum.  Carpool from the church grounds, 420 E. 2nd St., Moscow.
     Two walking trails lead out from the Boulder Creek Campground and Natural Area, located about 5 miles south of Helmer, ID.  One pathway is a mile and a half long, and the other is five miles long. Whatever distance the group decides to walk, we will cover.  Boulder Creek will be visible from both trails, and the longer path goes through a forest to the Potlatch River.  This will be the third annual botanical walk that Rod and Selma will be leading, and we'll be teaching some fun things about the native flora.  Plant and other kinds of jokes and stories will be flying through the air, along with birds and insects.
     Included in the outing will be some opening words before we enter the forest, a mystery drawing midway through, and some closing words before we leave the natural area. Everyone can bring their own snacks and drinks.
     If another walk is scheduled for June 7, the same information will apply. Please contact Selma at Selma.deer.dreamer at gmail.com or 208-596-3140 for further details.

Saturday, June 14, 9:00-11:30am:  Idler's Rest Clean Up, with lunch served.
Second annual Idler's Rest clean up with the Palouse Land Trust, to celebrate National Trail Day.  Palouse Environmental Sustainability Coalition (PESC, or "Pesky") and UU Church of the Palouse's Environmental Task Force are co-sponsors for this community-wide event. Trish Heekin, Resource Conservation Planner, Latah Soil and Water Conservation District will again share her expertise on native plants and invasive species found on the site. Contact is Pat Rathmann, Patty0727 at hotmail.com
Saturday June 21, 10:00am-1:00pm: Rose Creek Nature Preserve Work Day.