[Vision2020] Judge Strikes Down Idaho's Same-Sex Marriage Ban

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue May 13 17:56:31 PDT 2014

Rodna and I recently celebrated our 40th anniversary; forty of the most wonderful years of my life.

To deny ANY two people of that experience, simply because maybe somebody read it in a book somewhere is simply WRONG ! ! !

How does it go?   LIFE, LIBERTY, and (what?)

Courtesy of NBC News at:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/judge-strikes-down-idahos-same-sex-marriage-ban-n104796

Judge Strikes Down Idaho's Same-Sex Marriage Ban
A federal magistrate judge has ruled that Idaho's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional.

U.S. District Magistrate Judge Candy Dale wrote in the ruling Tuesday evening that Idaho's laws banning same-sex marriage unconstitutionally deny gay and lesbian citizens of their fundamental right to marry.

Dale says marriage works a fundamental change on the lives of all who experience it, and holds immense personal and spiritual significance. She says Idaho's laws wrongly stigmatize gay and lesbian couples and relegate their families to second-class status without sufficient reason.

Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter has already said he intends to appeal the case.

An offer:  Moscow Cares will photograph, videotape, and substantially financially contribute to the first same-sex marriage to take place here in Moscow.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon