[Vision2020] Ri$ch & Crapo

Shirley Ringo ringoshirl at moscow.com
Fri May 2 11:33:47 PDT 2014

I meant Here’s something …

From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com] On Behalf Of Shirley Ringo
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2014 12:21 PM
To: 'Tom Hansen'; 'Paul Rumelhart'
Cc: 'Moscow Vision 2020'
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Ri$ch & Crapo

It’s interesting to go back in US history to get a sense of values expressed at a given time.  For the sake of discussion, he’s something form FDR:

In my Inaugural I laid down the simple proposition that nobody is going to starve in this country. It seems to me to be equally plain that no business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country. By "business" I mean the whole of commerce as well as the whole of industry; by workers I mean all workers, the white collar class as well as the men in overalls; and by living wages I mean more than a bare subsistence level-I mean the wages of decent living.