[Vision2020] WSU among schools facing investigation

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu May 1 17:40:52 PDT 2014

On 5/1/2014 4:46 PM, Saundra Lund wrote:
> Before anyone takes stupid pot shots at WSU, know the UI is also under
> investigation, thank God.  About time!

Investigations!  Yes, we need more investigations.  Interesting ones, too.

Like how to make more money than from under-performing athletic programs.

One way to get out from under a losing business operation is to sell off
its assets.

It well could be that the Kibbie Dome is worth more than football
operations can generate if it were sold to the right buyer.

For example, folks in one of the other Moscows -- the Russian one -- are
looking for a big cover to contain their formerly operational nuclear
facility at Chernobyl.

An investigation needs to be done to find the right salesperson to
convince the Russians that the Kibbie Dome would make a fine containment
building with plenty of room for monitoring equipment and a little
ancillary storage space.  For the right price we would be happy to
facilitate its transfer from its present location, and they could then
place it in its final location at their leisure.

After the Dome is gone, that land could be converted to an intramural
play space, where there would be a higher probability that at least half
of the games would be won by a home team.

Whether a larger, perhaps even financially competitive, replacement
facility might be built on the same location is a much too speculative
question, the answer to which is located much too far in the future, to
warrant any speculation here.  Maybe aliens would pay more at auction
for landing rights there.

Ken