[Vision2020] Well, so much for spring . . .

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 13:41:48 PDT 2014

Spring has definitely arrived when the beautiful clever Steller jays start
their Spring songs on the Palouse, which occurred about a few weeks
ago...They imitate other bird calls, so they can deceive easily, sometimes
sounding like hawks, I think to scare other birds away from their
territory.  Information on this at website below:

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/stellers_jay/lifehistory

"An excellent mimic with a large repertoire, the Steller's Jay can imitate
birds, squirrels, cats, dogs, chickens, and some mechanical objects.:
A gazillion photos of steller jays at website below:

[image: Steller]

https://www.google.com/search?q=steller%27s+jay+pictures&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=HNs1U7fgBebiyAH7jYGgCA&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=916#imgdii=_

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett