[Vision2020] Unanswered questions about guns on campus

Janesta janesta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 12:23:06 PDT 2014

Ok.. is it my brain? Seriously.. most of you know I had a tumor taken out,
and sometimes come off.. goofy, or, idiotic.. but.. really... a solution
seems simple to me.

I understand why the Presidents of the U's and other people are upset. I
get it.. But, why don't they fire back with a campus ordinance?

The following is from Arizona State University, located in one of only
three states in the nation with no concealed weapons law. Does ASU making a
law about guns, mean, it a state like Idaho has a law about guns on campus,
the university can't create a campus policy of their own?
WeaponAny object or substance designed to (or which would be reasonably
expected to) inflict a wound, cause injury, incapacitate, or cause death,
including, without limitation, all firearms (loaded and unloaded, simulated
and real), devices designed to expel a projectile (such as BB guns, air
guns, pellet guns, and potato guns), electronic control devices (such as
Tasers or stun guns), swords, knives with blades five inches or longer,
martial arts weapons, bows and arrows, and chemicals (such as Mace, tear
gas, or oleoresin capsicum), but excluding self-defense chemical
repellents. The general public may not possess chemical repellents labeled
"for police use only" or "for law enforcement use only."

[image: [horizontal rule]]
http://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/pdp/pdp201-05.html

Trying to understand,
Janesta