[Vision2020] Power Outage Cause?

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 12 01:05:58 PDT 2014

It occurs to me that it's appropriate to publicly offer kudos to Avista, no
matter how belated . . . and I'm not just talking about the recent outage.

As some know, I moved here from California 2+ decades ago.  Power outages
there were frequent & lengthy.  Since I'd lived there for so much of my
life, I thought that was normal.

Since moving here, each time there's an outage -- as there was Saturday
night -- I never cease to be amazed at how infrequent outages are and how
brief they are.  My dh is likely beyond weary of me recounting those old
experiences there with the infrequent brief outages here.  Yeah, I "get"
that power outages are inconvenient for most of us, and more than
inconvenient for some with medical issues.

And, perhaps for those who haven't lived where power outages are frequent &
lengthy, you won't understand my gratitude, but grateful that I live in
community where outages are nearly always resolved quickly -- I am!

Thanks, Avista!

As an extra little kudo, I'll also mention that I've been impressed with how
quickly burned out street lights are replaced on the few occasions I've had
to report the same.

Thanks, Avista!

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

I know of no achievement through vivisection, no scientific discovery that
could not have been obtained without such barbarism and cruelty.
~ Charles W. Mayo, MD