[Vision2020] Former Miss America Contestant becomes magnitudes more attractive to guys

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 7 11:29:54 PST 2014

I get your point, Paul, but my strong personal belief is that it is still
far too early in the struggle for equal treatment by the law - which we
still don't have, BTW -- to ignore the huge positive impact there is for
LGBTQ youth to have great LGBTQ role models.  Having positive LGBTQ role
models sends a strong message to our gay youth that they, just like their
straight cohorts, don't have to lower or curtail their aspirations because
of their God-given sexual orientation or gender identity.

I don't believe you or Dan or Roger are stupid enough to deny that LGBTQ
kids and young adults still face a lot of pressure and negative stereotypes
perpetuated by The Contemptible.

And, if you don't deny that, then you cannot deny that having positive LGBTQ
role models for our gay kids - and adults -- is anything other than what
they deserve.  Particularly Idaho's LGBTQ youth, where our idiot GOP
legislators still refuse to Add the Words and kids are left with the likes
of Larry Craig as the most notorious putative gay male.  There's a role
model for them . . . NOT!

Personally, I'm going to continue to offer a silent prayer of thanksgiving
each time someone has the courage to put themselves out there as a positive
role model for our LGBTQ community members to show them what's possible.

There needs to be a whole lot of positivity to offset the hate still far too
prevalent in certain segments of the least civil amongst us, and a failure
to provide our gay kids positive role models is to do them a grave
disservice.

Saundra

Moscow, ID

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

~ Aesop (The Lion and the Mouse)