[Vision2020] Kentucky Baptists use gun giveaways to lure unchurched to Christ

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 11:25:40 PST 2014

Hi Paul,

It's big news because of the juxtaposition of a pacifist Christ, who said
"No more of this" when a disciple attacked the high priest with his sword,
and gun-totting faux preachers. That's why it is also big news for Buddhist
monks to be advocating the killing of Muslims in Burma.

Millions of Christians around the world would find this very, very sad
news. They would also cry out "No more of this" in Christ's name.

One of the conclusions of my book on religious violence is that the
followers of the Buddha and the Christ have been responsible for the most
religiously motivated violence in human history.

Nick