[Vision2020] Amen!

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 19:36:28 PDT 2014

So, correct me if I'm wrong here.

There is absolutely nothing stopping employees of these companies from
buying and using contraception, right? All they have to do is pay for it
themselves.  If they think that is too onerous a burden, they can switch
jobs to a company whose owners do not have strong religious views on the
subject.

Why should an employer have to pay for something they find objectionable
on religious grounds?  I admit I skimmed the ruling, but they seemed to
be talking about family-owned for-profit private corporations that
professed to following a religious ideology and that they objected to
the "morning after" pill which in their view is equivalent to abortion
(and therefore murder) because they believe that life begins at conception.

I don't see whose rights are being trampled here.  Is there a right that
states that people who want to use contraception should be able to make
someone else foot the bill for it?

I get that having contraception more freely available is a good thing, I
really do, but I can also see the point made by those who think that
some kinds of contraception are morally wrong.

Look, I hate the Windows 8 operating system with a passion.  If someone
was forcing me to pay for people to install it on their machines, I
would object.  If the court sided in my favor, would you really construe
this as me forcing my operating system prejudices on everyone else?  It
would strike me as being the exact opposite.

Paul