[Vision2020] Why we MUST expand Medicaid . . .

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Wed Jun 25 03:46:16 PDT 2014

Courtesy of, and with thanks to, Bev Bafus (of the Trinity Moscow Food Pantry) at

https://www.facebook.com/bev.bafus?ref=ts&fref=ts

------------------------------------

(Posted June 24, 2014)

"Tonight, we had a medical emergency at our food pantry. The young man was injured, and needed to be taken to the hospital. But he refused, because he does not have medical insurance. He was more afraid of taking on more debt at the hospital than worried about his own health.

This young man was here today because he is trying to get his feet back under him - he has a job, and he is trying to pull himself back into prosperity.

This should not be. He shouldn't have to make this choice. He can't afford the new health care options available BECAUSE IDAHO HAS NOT EXPANDED MEDICAID.

This is a crime, and every person in Idaho who has a hand in this should be ashamed."

In November voters can take the first step toward preventing people from having to decide between health care and food on the dinner table by returning Rep. Cindy Agidius to private life.

Last December the Moscow League of Women Voters conducted a debate, at Moscow's 1912 Center, on the Affordable Care Act between State Senator Dan Schmidt and State Representative Cindy Agidius.

http://www.moscowcares.com/LWV/LWV_ACA_Debate_120213.htm

Seeya at the polls, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com