[Vision2020] Troutdale, Or. Shooter

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 15 12:00:37 PDT 2014

So to be clear, your position is:

1. Jared would have taken a car to school, but since Oregon has laws restricting him from obtaining a driver's license at age 15, these laws block him obtaining access to a motor vehicle.  Ergo, these laws work.

2. Instead Jared took an AR15 assault weapon to school, and if Oregon similarly had laws restricting him from gun ownership, these laws would have blocked him from obtaining access to a fireman.  Thus new age limit restrictions are required to prevent another similar tragedy.

This is an apples to apples comparison and FWIW I agree that there should be age limit restrictions on gun ownership.