[Vision2020] Faith Healing

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 29 23:38:58 PDT 2014

Roger, thanks for bringing up the Rep. John Gannon’s “faith-healing” bill.

You are correct that it never made it out of committee, which infuriated me no end.  What I know is that “pro life” Rep. Christy Perry was adamantly against it because she thought the religious freedom of parents trumped the right to life of already born children, and that’s an opinion she was mind-bogglingly able to sell to fellow party members like House Speaker Scott Bedke, who made it clear the bill wasn’t to make it to the floor.

Unless there’s a change in the legislature makeup (and I don’t mean GOP vs Dems, although that would surely help), I don’t have much optimism that the actual lives of already born children will trump their parents’ “religious” freedom to kill them by refusing mainstream medical care to save the lives of those already born children.  This is another topic I’d dearly love to be proven wrong about, and I hope that it’s reintroduced as many times as it takes to pass.

Saundra

Moscow, ID

All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action.

~ James Russell Lowell