[Vision2020] Moscow man dies of starvation in squalor under alleged care of Moscow couple

Sunil sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 19:52:58 PDT 2014

Saundra,

Yes, the purpose of bond is to ensure the defendant appears; I don't think the court looks to the source of the money. In Wright's case, it's a surety bond, so he has gone through a bondsman. If he were to skip town, the bondsman has a financial interest in getting him back. If this didn't work, there wouldn't be any bondsmen in business.

No one commenting here, including me, knows squat about the facts of the case. Certainly the allegations are ugly. Obviously that doesn't stop anyone from jumping to conclusions. Saundra, I reserve words like 'torture' for situations where the torturer intends to inflict great pain. Maybe you have evidence that this has happened here, but I have not yet read about it. There are actual torturers in this country, but they are writing books and getting paid for their work, immunized by the Obama administration. Until i see that there is any evidence to support that claim here, I think at the very least you are misusing that word.

Sunil