[Vision2020] Minimun wage and burgers WAS: RE: [Spam 4.11] Hawkins mall

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Fri Jan 31 13:02:37 PST 2014

I rarely go to MacDonald's, but seems that the last time I did, I ordered a
Big Mac, a large fries, and maybe a drink, and I think it almost amounted to
$9.00 or something. Whatever, I was still hungry after I ate it. For roughly
the same moolah you could go to the Super China Buffet and get all you can
eat of (probably) more healthful and arguably better tasting food. I would
suggest that the min wage short-order burger joints have fare is already way
overpriced, and they should be paying their employees $20/hour anyway at the
prices they currently charge. But-as they'll tell you-I'm no business man .

By the way, you can get a really pretty darn good burger at Dick's in
Spokane for $1.00. And, gosh, remember when back around 1968 you could get
four burgers for $1.00 at some roadside joints off the Interstate? -and,  if
you like catchup, they weren't half bad either. . ah. but enough nostalgia
already. The workers there were probably getting $ 0.75/hour or were
volunteers or doing mandatory community service. ;-)

Bob Dickow, troublemaker