[Vision2020] Caturday (January 11, 2014)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jan 11 05:35:50 PST 2014

Courtesy of CTV News (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) at:

(with video)
http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/unwanted-cats-become-barn-buddies-through-humane-society-program-1.1630244

----------------------------------

Unwanted cats become Barn Buddies through Humane Society Program

A Winnipeg Humane Society program is giving Manitoba cats a second chance at life.

Cats who can't be placed in homes are going to the country as part of the Humane Society’s Barn Buddies program.

“So people like me who have a barn and need a mouser, or three, can get them from the humane society," said Sherry Scouten, Barn Buddies participant.

Cats eligible for Barn Buddies may be accustomed to living outdoors, display some behaviour problems or are just not that social.

The program is proving popular with farms, said Val Poulton with the Winnipeg Humane Society.“

I usually have a waiting list of at least three or four homes for the cats that come in,” she said. “We tend to have more people than we do cats."

The program is free to sign up for, but the Humane Society asks for donation of $40 to help cover costs.

A Winnipeg Humane Society program is giving Manitoba cats a second chance at life through the Barn Buddies program.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

But first you must learn to smile as you kill,

- John Lennon