[Vision2020] Joe Long and his recent letter to the editor

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Thu Feb 27 16:40:01 PST 2014

Recently, the Daily News published a letter to the editor from Mr. Joe Long
wherein he excoriates “liberals” and “Christophobes.”  He emphasized that
the “highway of hate was a two way street.”   I don’t self-identify myself
as liberal and I am certainly not a Christophobe (what a curious term), but
Mr. Long and I do share a similar notion of boycotting businesses when we
have profound philosophical disagreements  with the owner’s political or
religious agendas.

For example, I don’t spend a penny of my money at ventures owned by members
of Christ Church.  People who are defenders of the claim that the earth is
less than ten thousand years old, who deny global warming, who delight in
homophobia, who practice patriarchy, who celebrate the antebellum
Confederacy, who sponsor a one week “course” in biblical counseling which is
predicated on the absurd notion that sin is the cause of mental health
issues, and provide a living to a pastor, Doug Wilson, who with all the
immaturity of a junior high bully, gleefully publishes screeds that include
ugly, childish slurs directed at members of GLBT community (today the
headline of his blog reads  <http://dougwils.com/> “Circumlocutions and
Faggotré”) have every right to do so, but not on my dime.

But, this is all old hat stuff from me and doesn’t surprise any of you.
Surprise!!!! This email is actually not directed at the insufferable toadies
of the Kirk, but rather, the deliberately naïve morons who proudly wear
their liberal label as though it was a Metal of Honor. The plain,
unvarnished truth is that you silly naïfs, who self-justify your silence
because you are “building bridges” to members of Christ Church, are being
played by pros.  Devout members of the Kirk are cult members who understand
and use non-members as a means to an end:  money, votes, social access, etc.
Astonishingly, you are either thick as a plank or so self-aggrandizing that
you believe their flattery and appreciate their attention.  This community
is moving toward the completion of Doug Wilson’s goal – a community shaped
and directed through his (not yours) vision of the City on the Hill.

For once, Ayn Rand was spot on when she wrote “
<http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1776.html> The spread of evil is the
symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral
failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic
principles.”

Rose Huskey