[Vision2020] Wilson's anti-gay campaign

Nielsen, Ralph (nielsen@uidaho.edu) nielsen at uidaho.edu
Wed Feb 26 10:30:50 PST 2014

In today's (Feb. 26) Daily News there is a letter inviting us to an event in the SUB on March 5 to hear a "Christian" speaker.
Here are my online comments.

As soon as I read this letter I smelled Doug Wilson all over it.

But it identifies the sponsors as merely "local Christians" and the speaker as a "Christian minister."

But the message is the same old fear and hatred of homosexual people, based on the ignorance of bronze-age "prophets" who spoke in the name of their tribal God Yahweh (the LORD).

The speaker, Sam Allberry, is a friend of Peter Hitchens, the bigoted, "Christian" brother of the late Christopher Hitchens. Doug Wilson had him as an anti-gay speaker/chairman in the SUB ballroom last year.

Wilson has lots of tax-free money to rent a 1,000 person ballroom to spread his prejudices in the name of Christianity. His supporters will come by the busload.

As in previous events sponsored by Wilson all statements or questions not to his liking will be side-steppped or rudely ignored.

So be good to yourself and your friends, both gay and straight, and simply stay away from this painful event.

And if you want to know what Jesus said about homosexuals, don't waste your time looking in the Gospels: Jesus said not a word about them.