[Vision2020] Moscow Farmers Market Poster Contest

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Thu Feb 20 13:08:18 PST 2014

City of Moscow
Arts Department
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: DJ Scallorn, Art Assistant
p     |  208.883.7036
e     |   dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/arts

PRESS RELEASE
Moscow Farmers Market Poster Contest

February 20, 2014 (Moscow, Idaho) - The City of Moscow and the Farmers Market Commission are seeking submissions for the Moscow Farmers Market 2014 Poster Contest. The deadline for submissions is March 20, 2013 by 5:00 p.m.

This call to artists is open to everyone regardless of age or experience. The artist of the winning entry will be awarded $100. The winning entry will be announced on April 9, 2014.

>From all submissions, the jury will select two entries to be considered for the Moscow Farmers Market 2014 Poster. Both entries will be posted on the City of Moscow's Webpage and the public will have from April 2, 2014 through April 7, 2014 to vote for their favorite poster entry. The posted entry with the most "votes" by 9:00 a.m. on April 7, 2014 will be declared the winner of the Moscow Farmers Market 2014 Poster Contest.

All entries will be on display at Third Street Gallery at Moscow City Hall from April 2, 2014 through April 16, 2014.

The Farmers Market is a popular Moscow tradition that was established in 1977. The Saturday morning event celebrates local farmers, artists, craftspeople and musicians by providing them with an opportunity to interact directly with the community and its visitors. The Market is located in downtown Moscow on Main Street and in Friendship Square next to the Moscow Hotel. It is held each Saturday, May through October, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Local musicians perform from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. each week.

All entries must be received by March 20, 2014 by 5:00 p.m.  Only one (1) entry per individual will be accepted.  This call to artists is open to everyone, regardless of age or experience.

Application forms and the contest rules are available at Moscow City Hall (206 East Third Street) or online at: http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/records/Applications/FM-Poster-Application.pdf

For more information call 208-883-7036 or e-mail Kathleen Burns the Arts Director at kburns at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:kburns at ci.moscow.id.us> or DJ Scallorn the Arts Assistant at dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>.

###

Story Contact: DJ Scallorn
Phone: 208.883.7036
Email: dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.