[Vision2020] yay! we passed $18 trillion!

Paul Rumelhart paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 19:18:44 PST 2014

Well, I'm not an economist.  I do think that $18 trillion is perhaps both
feet across the ridiculous line, though.

There are a lot of things about how the system works that I find strange.
For example, I googled how much cash there is in circulation at the
moment.  According to this link (
http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12773.htm), there is roughly
$1.29 trillion in circulation, with $1.25 trillion of that being in the
form of Federal Reserve Notes.  So it's all just smoke and mirrors anyway.

Hopefully our currency will stay strong on the international stage,
otherwise we will probably be having quite a different conversation.

And I know the idea is old-fashioned, but maybe we should be looking closer
at how much bang we are getting for our buck instead of just adding some
more to a fictitious number somewhere and hoping it will all sort itself
out sometime.

Paul