[Vision2020] Fw: [Spam 5.60] "Sailing stones" mystery is solved, and why IQ tests are fatally flawed

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Fri Aug 29 11:07:54 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: "Discover Magazine" <DiscoverMagazine at maillist.kalmbachmail.com>
To: lfalen at turbonet.com
Date: 08/28/14 10:02
Subject: [Spam 5.60] "Sailing stones" mystery is solved, and why IQ tests are fatally flawed

Plus: How lizards regrow their tails, and Iceland braces for volcanic eruption | Trouble viewing? Click here

  Finally! Secret of Death Valley's "Sailing Stones" Is RevealedThese rocks have fueled decades of wonder because no one had seen them in action -- until now.

  The Crux | Ignore IQ Tests: Intelligence Isn't Fixed for LifeResearch is showing that we don't have inherent intelligence.

  D-brief | How Lizards Regrow Their TailsGenes at work could help humans regenerate limbs someday.

  D-brief | Iceland Braces for Volcanic EruptionOne of Iceland's largest volcanoes could be about to erupt.

  D-brief | Cyborg Moths Could Serve as Living DronesResearchers have created moths that are a blend of wires and tissue.

  Field Notes | Dead Clams TalkingReading past climate in the rings of clam shells.

  Seriously, Science? | Do Farts Carry Germs?One scientist's quest to find out.

  There's No Room for VIPs in the ERA 20-something man gets VIP treatment -- with frightening results.

  How Can Scientists Create New Elements?If elements are fundamental substances, how can we make more?

  What to Read in SeptemberWe review the best new science releases.

  Mother Nature Is a Math GeekA new "Numbers in Nature" exhibit opens in Chicago.

  September Science CalendarOur picks for the month's most exciting science events.

 Discover Newsletter

  SUBSCRIBE NOW
 GIVE A GIFT
 RENEW NOW

 DISCOVER's new digital edition is now available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, all Android devices, Windows 7, and Mac OS.

 The Dynamic Lives of Undersea Animals

 Seven Things We're Hardwired to Love or Loathe

 Peer Into Tiny, Twisted Worlds

 This message was sent to lfalen at turbonet.com.

Unsubscribe | Change email address | Customer Service Center | Privacy Policy

Copyright 2014 Kalmbach Publishing Co. 21027 Crossroads Circle Waukesha, WI 53187