[Vision2020] FW: Alcohol Abuse in Greek houses

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Thu Aug 28 10:05:54 PDT 2014

Once again, the academic year at the University of Idaho opens with a near
death episode on Greek row.  Rest assured, I am aware of the willingness of
the underage Greek members to enjoy the party atmosphere in their new homes.
I do believe that personal responsibility is a significant  factor in these
messes.  But, I am also clear that young people, often on their own for the
first time in their lives, are eager to please their new "friends" and want
to belong. Despite hypocritical platitudes
<http://alphaphiidaho.com/programs/>  evident on the Alpha Phi website
(scroll down to the section entitled "Sisterhood/Watchcare), nobody
intervened in the clearly illegal activity. Someone needs to call bullshit
on the whole kit and caboodle.  I am more than happy to do so.  I plan to do
further research and publish on V2020 what happens to the miscreants who
provide the alcohol (Hint: virtually nothing) in court.

Rose Huskey