[Vision2020] Idaho residents earn less [than] all but one other state

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu Aug 21 11:05:35 PDT 2014

On 8/20/2014 9:06 AM, Paul Rumelhart wrote:
> I was curious how we ranked in cost of living for 2012, but I couldn't
> (quickly) find a good ranking.  I did find this article in the
> Statesman:
> http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/04/28/3158112/idaho-cost-of-living-creeps-toward.html.
> If I'm reading that right, we are 31st in cost of living, which I
> think means that we are the 20th lowest in cost of living, if you want
> to look at it that way.  They are not very clear in the article.

Frankly, a financial article with the byline Idaho Statesman Staff is
less than completely awe-inspiring, especially when it fails to mention
its data sources.

If you are concerned with practical cost-of-living comparisons, I
suggest that you check out the website Sperling's Best Places at
http://www.bestplaces.net/city/idaho/moscow

Use their Compare functions to gain more insight about differences
between various location pairs.

Ken