[Vision2020] A li'l Friday mornin' musical interlude (and stuff) . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Aug 15 10:12:22 PDT 2014

As the youngest of three children (two older sisters) growing up (at ask I have yet to complete) in Van Nuys, California, there were many songs I from the early 60s which I became familiar.  One in particular, as a result of hearing it played a million times at home, was . . .

"Duke of Earl" by Gene Chandler
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Duke_of_Earl_Gene_Chandler.mp3

Over time I developed a strong liking for certain movie theme songs.  One of which I especially took a liking to was . . .

"The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde" by Georgie Fame
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Bonnie_and_Clyde_Georgie_Fame.mp3

Another song I grew to admire, that reflects upon advice given us by friends and family that we tend to overlook or altogether ignore, is . . .

"Burning Bridges"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Burning_Bridges.mp3

And, something considerably more recent, a photo I took back in 2001, . . .

The UI Women's Ice Hockey Club (who I nicknamed "Babes on Blades")

How about you?  Are there any songs from your past that you reminisce over and over, not necessarily because of the song as much as the memories they retrieve in your mind?

http://www.MoscowCares.com