[Vision2020] PR - Graffiti at City of Moscow Parks

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Mon Aug 11 14:52:58 PDT 2014

City of Moscow
Administration
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208-883-7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Graffiti at City of Moscow Parks

August 11, 2014 (Moscow, Idaho) - Since August 1, 2014 the City of Moscow Police Department has responded to five reports of vandalism involving graffiti at the following City parks:

*       Hordemann's Pond covered shelter wall - reported August 1

*       East City Park restroom interior - reported August 6

*       Ghormley Park restroom interior - reported August 6

*       Herons Hideout observation deck - reported August 6

*       Ghormley Park restroom interior - reported August 11

Based on the reports, the vandalism is occurring in the late evening or early morning hours. The suspect(s) are using spray paint to deface the structures by painting words, lines and/or pictures. The defacing has varied by location.  The police department is asking our community for assistance in reporting any suspicious activity at all our parks. Anyone noticing questionable behavior or has any information on identifying those responsible is asked to call 208.882.COPS (2677) or the department's anonymous tip line at 208.892.3898.

###

Story Contact: City of Moscow Police Chief David Duke
Phone: 208.883.7059
Email: dduke at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dduke at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.