[Vision2020] Proposal: Change Listserv Name

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Wed Aug 6 12:26:18 PDT 2014

On 8/2/2014 10:41 AM, Darrell Keim wrote:
> I opened up my email this morning at 9am to 8 emails from Tom Hansen.
>
> And the day is just getting started.
>
> This made me curious.  How much does Tom post?  So I looked at
> yesterday: 7 emails.  Thursday: 8 emails.  I stopped there.
>
> In light of this, I propose a name change.  Instead of "Moscow Vision
> 2020" I propose "Hansen's Moscow 24/7."
>
> All in favor?

I am not in favor of changing the list name as you have proposed because
that name inadequately represents the original intended purpose of the
list.  The original intent was for a discussion list with a long term
planning time horizon, and back then 2020 was an attractive and catchy
name.  Today, 2020 is merely six years away, and can easily be within
the budgeting horizon of many local organizations.

As for a new name, Moscow Vision 2069 is a prime number beyond the
lifetimes of most of this list's readers, and will more appropriately
serve the original list intent.

Concerning number, frequency, and content of electronic messages, check
out and use more effectively the filtering rules of your email
software.  Messages deemed undesirable can be automatically stored
separately for later review or deleted on receipt without user action
after rules setup, so very little repetitive management action is
necessary.  After a bit of educated practice, a filter rule can be
established or changed in a few seconds quite easily.

Ken