[Vision2020] Washington man set on fire by wife now faces sex crime charge

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:32:35 PDT 2014

Saundra,

I'll let Sunil respond to your post below.  Regarding bail in general...I think you were the one who brought up the point in the Moscow case that:
  1) For $1500, both of the Moscow accomplices would be out of jail while awaiting trial, and
  2) Allegedly they had bilked their victim out of more than $40,000.

I don't recall seeing any further information on this, but I'd hope that the system would ensure that with enough probable cause (or whatever the proper legal term is for this situation) that the alleged perpetrators wouldn't be able to use any ill gotten gain for lawyer fees and bail money.  Otherwise, these 2 are free to blow whatever money is remaining (if any) with no recourse for ever recovering it.

-Scott