[Vision2020] whoa nellie !!!!

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:05:59 PDT 2014

Rose

Paul didn't invoke 'free spech', Sue did so maybe you should
 be berating her instead.  Paul was just asking if the NBA levying their
 maximum penalty of lifetime ban + $2.5 million fine was over top and
was he the only one who wasn't shocked by Sterling's alleged racist
sound bites.  Paul also is not too fond that 'we have become a nation of
 nittering ninnies'.

I myself am unsure of what a 'nittering
ninny' is, but I'm not that thrilled that about the knee jerk emotional
reactions on a wide variety of issues that occur several times per
month.

FWIW, I don't think the punishment meted out by the NBA is
 'over the top', but I'm skeptical that it's being done based on
principle as opposed to being done as a Public Relations stunt in
attempt to shield the NBA itself from being soft on racism.  Sterling
has been a known racist for decades and that hasn't been a problem
because it was contained and no one was protesting it.  Now that we're
in the brave new world or social media, it's easier for the mob to grab
their virtual pitchforks and torches and chase unpolitically correct
types back under the rocks from which they crawled from under.

BTW,
 what's the qualification for being a member of the 'good guys'?  Siding
 with the mob?  If so, I'll pass.  I'll just come to my own belated decision on this based
on all the facts of the case at hand.  So far I haven't see a full transcript
of the taped conversation and haven't been able to find one online.  My
sense is that this whole blown out of proportion story follows the
script of 'image is everything' from Sterling wanting a hot chick
sitting next to him to improve his image, to Sterling not wanting black
people around his hot chick because he thought (for some odd reason)
that would hurt her image and his image, to the NBA dishing out punishment to Sterling
 to protect their own image.

Meanwhile everyone want to just
sweep a small problem (Sterling) under the rug and do very little about the
larger problem of racism and discrimination in general.

-Scott