[Vision2020] Political correctness run amok

Janesta janesta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:24:38 PDT 2014

Kareem Abdul Jabbar spoke my feelings.

I loved this:

"What bothers me about this whole Donald Sterling affair isn’t just his
racism. I’m bothered that everyone acts as if it’s a huge surprise. Now
there’s all this dramatic and very public rending of clothing about whether
they should keep their expensive Clippers season tickets. Really? All this
other stuff I listed above has been going on for years and this ridiculous
conversation with his girlfriend is what puts you over the edge? That’s the
smoking gun?

He was discriminating against black and Hispanic families for years,
preventing them from getting housing. It was public record. We did nothing.
Suddenly he says he doesn’t want his girlfriend posing with Magic Johnson
on Instagram and we bring out the torches and rope. Shouldn’t we have all
called for his resignation back then?
Make no mistake: Donald Sterling is the villain of this story. But he’s
just a handmaiden to the bigger evil. In our quest for social justice, we
shouldn’t lose sight that racism is the true enemy. He’s just another jerk
with more money than brains.

So, if we’re all going to be outraged, let’s be outraged that we weren’t
more outraged when his racism was first evident. Let’s be outraged that
private conversations between people in an intimate relationship are
recorded and publicly played. Let’s be outraged that whoever did the
betraying will probably get a book deal, a sitcom, trade recipes with Hoda
and Kathie Lee, and soon appear on Celebrity Apprentice and Dancing with
the Stars."

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterling-kareem-abdul-jabbar-racism/

Janesta