[Vision2020] Bench Dedicated to Commemorate Mayor Chaney's Service and Commitment to Moscow

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Sun Apr 27 14:56:41 PDT 2014

Opening by Council Member Tom Lamar
http://youtu.be/Ye2wqTH9Cjs

Comments by Carmen Suarez, Moscow Human Rights Commission
http://youtu.be/ptYFdLYBETc

Comments by Dr. S. "Ghazi" Ghazanfar
http://youtu.be/6JaX_-EDmBc

Comments by Former Mayor Nancy Chaney, Part 1
http://youtu.be/GYRIgTv2W9w

Comments by Former Mayor Nancy Chaney, Part 2
http://youtu.be/E_dy0m9l_HY

A view of all in attendance gathered 'round the bench
http://youtu.be/U5B93fahoJk

A comment forwarded by Moscow's former mayor Nancy Chaney to the Moscow-Pullman Daily News and the people on the Viz:

"Thanks to all who participated in the bench dedication in Moscow’s East City Park on April 25. I was honored and moved by the gesture, which commemorated my service as mayor. Particular thanks to Tom Hansen and Moscow Cares for spearheading the effort, Moscow City Council member Tom Lamar for his kind words of introduction, Moscow Peace Band for their spirited music, Ghazi and Rukhsana Ghazanfar—who flew back from Atlanta for Saturday’s CommUNITY Walk and the bench dedication, and to everyone who braved our Palouse spring weather to attend. Moscow’s greatest strengths are probably its sense of community, inclusivity, and the common good, all present in abundance at those events. As the city embarks on a strategic campaign to re-brand itself, I hope that such qualities that are more strongly felt, rather than quantified, will be part how we articulate what makes this place so special."

Nancy Chaney
Moscow

Sidebar:  These videos and many more (100+) photos will be posted online at Moscow Cares in the next couple days, so . . .

Stay tuned, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com